28/09/2010

It's oh so fun in our house.

Today I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression. I laughed. The doctor didn't.

"It's very serious".

"I'm not known for being miserable".

So the Doc wanted to know why I was depressed and I told him that I'd recently seen that Street Dance 3D film and I was pretty distraught about never getting back the 98 mins I'd wasted watching it.

*silence....
He starts writing on prescription paper as I'm telling him what's REALLY going on, suspects he's not actually listening*.

"Okay, take these they'll start to come into effect in 4 weeks."

Whaa?? I don't want to wait four weeks, Nor do I trust to put anything in my body made by Glaxo-SmithKline or Bayer! So I asked him if there was any alternative medicine I could try or if there were any Yoga classes in the area.

"There's no Yoga classes available to you. You could try to take St Johns Wort, although contrary to what people of.."

"I'm not a hippy."

"You could try counselling."

"And tell some sandal wearing, patronising stranger who shows no qualms about her love for cats in the form of motivational posters about my life?!"

*raised eyebrow as he looks at my shoes*

"These, are not sandals. They have a heel and you can't see my toes."

To be honest I don't want to talk to a stranger about my life, it's not natural to disclose your inner most thoughts to strangers... Face to face, of course...

So I thanked him for his time and left.

I got home, set up my wii and did an hour of Wii Yoga, talked to my husband who was liberal with hugs then I put a pork joint in the oven, I needed a comforting roast dinner!

In other news my cats are having withdrawal symptoms.

After reading one too many articles about the dangers of feeding kibble to cats, I decided to switch them on a raw diet.

I find it slightly disturbing that my cats are crying out for high content grain, feathers, hooves and parts of deceased pets and cancerous cells shaped into cute fish shapes instead of the nutritious chicken breasts, bone meal and rice that I put out for them.

Mitzy cat threw up a little bit this morning, because she hasn't eaten in a day, it was just water. She just walks around in circles confused as to where her beloved shitty food is, when she's not wondering in circles that she's sat by her food bowl. At night she becomes a mini kitty psycho. running around at full speed like she's on crack.

Milkshake will eat the new food no problem. I think he enjoys it. He's no where near as fussy as Mitzy.

Apparently a cat can go two days without food no problem and they'll never starve themselves so I'm not too worried about Mitzy's protests. Although I did cave in this morning and sprinkle a little dry food over the breasts and she did eat some of it.

Clinically depressed Claire, withdrawn cats. It's oh so fun in our house at the moment.

I hope the Liver peas and gravy go down better tonight.

2 comments:

RenRexx said...

how did she even get on the topic of you having depression?>?

RenRexx said...

i'm sorry, he* (doctor)