22/11/2009

Sane to be calm? Or rose tinted glasses?

Is there such a thing as "Pre move jitters"? Like wedding jitters but with moving?

It's 3:30am on a Sunday morning and I'm sat up in bed genuinely terrified that this move isn't going to work out. We are no closer to getting a place than we were in my last blog post.

Sometimes I wonder whether we are doing the right thing. Phil keeps saying that we will be fine and that he could easily get a job in one month to support us while I look for work but A) That's some insane shit to be putting him through while I try and sell a few crappy prints at art shows or to art shops and B) Is he insane to be this calm, or is he wearing rose tinted glasses?

I don't want him to work two jobs. That's really cruel but he said he'll do what he has to. This isn't to say I'll be kicking back, I'll be out trying to find anything I can. I do really want to work in the Voluntary Sector, but it's extremely hard to get your foot through the door so I was thinking of working with a temping agency.

Honestly, like I may have said before I feel like we're moving to Australia or some crazy cool place like that. I've only been south of Birmingham three times in my whole life. The first time, I was maybe three or four and we stayed on this family farm that had "The World's Most Friendliest Sheep" No joke. That was their claim. It attacked me. The second time was I was thirteen and I went on some lameo stupid school holiday to Paris and we needed to go down south to get to Dover. The third time was a couple of years ago. Exmouth we went. I freaking loved it.

But yes, I'm terrified because Phil still hasn't decided where we are living.

I may go and drink green tea and end this blog before my laptop dies. I. AM. SCARED.

0 comments: