11/02/2010

These past few weeks have been a nightmare.

So, the reason for my unwillingness to update on the move was because I didn't want to jinx anything. Since my last rant over two weeks ago about how I was going to take over searching for houses because I felt Phil wasn't doing enough, things have progressed immensely.

Phil found thirty houses and most of them where like "German Shepherd? F*** no. Then we found this two bed terrace in a place called North Tawton. I have to be honest it looks a bit of a dump on the outside and I overlooked it at first but Phil decided to enquire.


Not exactly perfect. I'd have preferred to be off the road. But we're getting desperate. The estate agents said that the landlord was absolutely fine with us having 3 pets. The estate agent sent us pictures of the inside and it is soooo nice.

The lounge and master bedroom have fireplaces and it looks wonderfully cosy. There's also a rear garden.

These past couple of weeks have been a nightmare, Phil doesn't have a great credit score and we thought that would work against us but we don't have any CCJ's so we're alright.

We paid a deposit and we're moving in in six weeks.

North Tawton seems like a beautiful place, similar to Aspull but a hell of a lot smaller, it's in the middle of nowhere which means great dog walking treks. It's surrounded by fields upon fields.
Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath lived there and I'm so excited.

We've given ourselves six weeks, two weeks to sort out what we're taking and to hand in our 4 week notice.

I can't wait to be a North Tawton girl. Oh, I also have an interview lined up too to be a fundraiser.

0 comments: