20/01/2010

I don't want to be a nagging wife.

Once again I'm in my skip of emotional turmoil. With waiting to move, every single penny we have is being ploughed into the moving fund we stay in 24/7. We don't go out, not even to the pub for a swift half. It's getting to me.

I want to be taken out, wined and dined enjoy my twenties. But no, we stay in. Day in. Day out. No cinema. No meals out. Nothing. I do not like being skint, I don't like sitting around all day either. I'd do voluntary work but I can't afford to get there that's how tight money is.

Now I don't mind being with my husband 24/7 we have a laugh but I want to go places. Show him the world [he's never been abroad].

I don't want to be a nagging wife, I really don't but I do think that Phil isn't trying hard enough to get us to move.

The only obstacle now is getting a pet friendly place.

When we moved in here 3 years ago, the plan was to live here while I did my masters degree then we were going to buy our flat to get on the property ladder. So, having pets wasn't an issue. Then, last year, I came into a large amount of money.

After the Baby P thing came out, and realising that being a social worker was just pen pushing and not the community saviours I wanted out of a career, I cancelled my interview with that out of the way, it made sense for us to use the money to move as soon as I graduated.

Honestly, I wished we'd never got pets. I wished we'd have waited but we didn't plan for us to move so quickly. But, I'm not one of those people who dumps their pets at shelters to move. They are with me for life. They are family.

We've auctioned off a load of collectibles we own and we got an insane amount of cash for them to stump up more money. I just desperately want to be taken out and buy nice things. I guess it would drive most couples to split but I'm in this for life, I love him and I love being with him 24/7 it's strengthened our marriage so much, I just wish things were different.

On the plus side I brushed out two dreadlocks and now I have a super cute fringe.

0 comments: