06/01/2010

Will we move, Won't we move?

Made some phone calls today. Estate agents said that if we can get six months rent, we don't need a guarantor or references we can move straight in to a house.

I'm feeling pretty good about this. We already have 6 months rent. So all we need is the removals and pet couriers. I managed to knock a whopping £300 off pet couriers by getting a friend and his van to transport them and Phil's mum knows someone who is basically a 'man and a van' but he does removals.

We used him to move here and it cost £60 and I'm thinking.... He might not be enough to move everything. So I had a wonderful idea getting my friend to move some stuff as well as the pets if his van is good enough.

Now the problem is seeing if Phil's dad can stump up some cash for removals because we don't have money for removals AND six months rent in advance.

All this faffing about and "will we move, won't we move" is doing my head in a bit.

I've spent all day in bed watching the time traveler's wife [made me cry but it isn't as good as the book because the film appears to miss 3/4 of the book] and being served bacon butties, hot chocolate and marshmallows while I nurse my hip. It's much better today.

I keep wanting to get rid of my dreadlocks too. But the ease of having them outweighs cutting them. A wash every Sunday with Lush! Karma Komba [also my favourite fragrance] shampoo and they're good. I'm getting a bit... Tired with the attention they draw. I want to be more invisible.

Everyone always comments on how clean and well kept they look and I find it a bit offensive. I don't tell random strangers with un-dreaded hair "gee your hair looks really clean today".

I don't "maintain" them or do anything special at all, apart from the odd condition with Tesco's own Coconut conditioner. People are all like "ooh you shouldn't use normal shampoo what about all the residues that the shampoo leaves in your hair that normally a brush would get out".

I think the whole residue argument is bullshit. But I still do a deep clean with Apple Cider Vinegar [diluted so I don't smell like a chippy] just in case there is truth in it.

I think I'm going to hit some charity shops this week. See what bargains I can get with the last of my personal savings. I want some skirts and a new Woollen jumper because my favourite jumper shrank in the wash. No idea how, I am very careful with wools.

0 comments: